Thursday, September 2, 2010

In The Beginning . . .


I always knew exactly what I wanted out of life and when I would obtain those things (can you tell I am a type A personality?).  For the most part, they were true to form.  I wanted to be married in my 20’s, have my first child around the hip age of 30 (after I flew up the corporate ladder) and would have 3 children (2 boys and a girl).  Being swept up in a few childless minutes while vacationing in Aruba, I miscalculated the “safe” time for my husband and I to “be together” without protection and baby number 3 was conceived.  After the initial shock wore off and I realized that yes, it really can happen after one time of unprotected sex, I was dreaming in pink.

The day of my ultrasound with baby number 3, the tech was training a young student who began taking pictures.  After we determined that the baby was healthy, I couldn’t help but ask, “Is it a girl?  We have two boys.”  The tech in training smiled and said, “Oh, I think it is a girl.”   The head tech quickly corrected her with a “I don’t think so, I am pretty sure I saw boy.”  A few pictures later, we definitely had our first pictures of our third bouncing baby boy in 4 years.

And that was how my family of 3 boys began.  I really liked the idea of having boys as I came from a family of mostly girls, but I thought with 3 children surely one would be a girl.  Right?  I do think my life would be completely different if we had 3 girls but I am thankful for my blue blessings.   From corporate management to stay at home mom, my life is a great one.  I have met so many moms who also share in my joy of all boys, so I hope this blog hits home.  Even for someone who has girls, you many not always relate but my stories should at least bring a laugh or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment